My magic pot is no longer so magical—I am not complaining. Since last week’s blog I have only acquired one more plant, and that new plant was out of a different pot! So maybe all that reproducing is over! My plants are getting taller, but they still are not picture worthy.
This weekend is a holiday. I have to be honest with you, I really don’t even know what the holiday is. They just call it May 1st. We will have a day off of work and we are planning to go out of town with some friends. I feel like we are a little crazy to be traveling around the same time as everyone else, but our friends said they were planning their schedule around us. How are you supposed to turn that down?
It is hard to believe that summer is already here—yes, it is not much like spring. It is pretty hot! I hope that the kids can start going to the pool soon, but I am not sure if it is open yet. I am hoping to find a swim teacher for Isaac this summer. Autumn wants me to find one for her too, but here they seem to think that she is a little too small—probably because the pools don’t have much a shallow end for teaching. They do have a shallow end, but I think the prefer to teach where it is a little deeper.
Today I am starting a new class. I am now the teacher of an English singing/craft class at the kids’ kindergarten. I am actually sitting in the classroom right now. Today we are going to learn about colors, and I am going to do “blow art” with the class. I will put a dab of paint on the children’s paper and then they will blow the paint around on the paper with a straw. Sounds exciting, huh? I will let you know how that turns out. I can just see them trying to blow on each other. Maybe they will be a little more mature than that???
I was offered a job teaching here at one point (before the current teacher was hired). Sometimes I think that it would have been a good move. Of course I love teaching the kiddos, and it not that hard of subject for me since English is my first language. The downfalls of the job are that: there is not enough time off, not a whole lot of flexibility, and I think it would put a damper on my Chinese-learning. However, it would be a lot of fun! Maybe next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment